Monday, February 27, 2012

The OSCARS


My big question this morning was to write about the Fashion at the Oscars or not.
I must say that the red carpet was so boring that it’s not much to talk about.
The big trend  : white and nude colors…and we all know how difficult it is to wear this non color.
Hello Rooney Mara in Givenchy,with such a pale skin a little color will have been welcome.
Big exception Octavia Spencer who did look stunning and such grace, Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford in a very modern,clean ensemble and Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab.The hight of glamour and movie stardom.





Now can we talk about Michelle Williams ? On everybody best dressed list…Don’t agree. I know she has her own style,I just don’t like it.I wish she was taking chances,something nobody do anymore.How do I miss Cher moments. Better to live in eternity on the worst dressed list then for 30 seconds on the best one.


I must said I really liked the gold of the Marchesa gown on Stacy Kelber and Meryl Streep in Lanvin.Now this is star power.



And what about Angelina Jolie leg action more suited to a starlet then an accomplished actrice.


And an other shout out to Viola Davis who was not afraid to show up sans wig and looked stunning in a green Vera Wang.


Photo Credit: Getty Images)

This completed the awards season and now we are on our way to Paris for the collections.

A bientôt,

Pierre Candra
for NicNat Chat!













No comments:

Post a Comment